Wednesday, March 13, 2013

[.find though she be but little, she is fierce.]

Kailee has been such a good baby!  I mean, obviously, she has her moments, but still!  For the most part when she is awake she likes to look around and check everything out.  The other day she was laying there and I just decided to video her.  Lance works quite a bit so I wanted to video her so he can see how she is.  Here is a little clip I put together of things I want to remember about her at one month old.
[heard this song on a commercial and loved it:)]



I have also had these thoughts run through my head:

You are officially a mom if...
*she poops in your hand while changing a diaper
*she spits up in your mouth
*you pee, get dressed, brush your teeth, and do laundry all one handed.. scratch that, you do EVERYTHING one handed!
*you live your life 90 minutes at a time based on when you need to pump and feed
*getting out of the car, you throw the diaper bag, your purse, the camera bag over your shoulder, grab the boppy then grab the car seat when going back in the house
*you are proud of her for burping
*you wake up in the middle of the night and wonder how or when she ended up sleeping on your chest.
*you try to achieve one non-baby care task per day and consider your day a total success if you actually got that thing done. Your day revolves around feedings, baby bowel movements and nap times not the hours of the day.
*you can't remember if you ate or not
*you spend most of the day without a shirt on.
*you answer the door in your nursing cami.
*counting poopy diapers seems vitally important and when they happen, YOU feel a sense of accomplishment.
*it's an accomplishment to get your teeth brushed. At all.
*you dry off from the shower and realize it doesnt even matter cause your dripping milk anyway
*when changing a diaper you pick up her legs to put the new diaper under her and she farts....then you have to wipe your face...

I'm sure there is only more to come!


I have a select few songs I sing to miss k to calm her down or get her back to sleep:
*Reverently, Quietly
*I am a Child of God
*A Child's Prayer
*L-O-V-E
*Do-Re-Mi - except I change the words..
     Doe a deer, a female deer, Rae, that is your middle name, etc.
and last but not least...
*Soft Kailee
 [whenever I'm getting my blood drawn or just am trying to calm down, I will usually sing the song Soft Kitty #BBT] - my revised version goes a little something like this...

Soft Kailee, warm Kailee
little fuzzy head
Tired Kailee, sleepy Kailee
tiny in your bed!

Here is a lot of eye candy for your viewing of our last month together.  In no particular order...
 
On our way home from the hospital!

We have spent many days like this...
 
Newborn clothes would drown her at first, we had to go get a few preemie size clothes for her.  This one here was from her aunt Cortnie.

She loves laying on my chest.
I especially love it when she is awake and just looking around while snuggling in.
 

This is how we spend our friday nights while Daddy works!
 

The first time I ever put shoes on her, they didn't seem to bother her.  I love newborn shoes. adorable.
 

Right after we got the approval from Dr. Shakula that she could be in a normal carseat.  Pretty sure by the look in her eyes she wasn't sure what to expect.  When she was first born she was so little that she had to have a carseat bed.  It looked like a picnic basket and she absolutely hated it.  I felt so bad for her because she would scream everytime, only leading her to exhaustion, so then she would just sleep.

Since it has been warming up the last week or so we have gone out on walks behind our house.

She has definitely had a couple blowouts!  I'm pretty sure this is my fault though.  I have learned to pull the sides of the diapers fully around her tiny cheeks to prevent leakage!  Of course that was her first time wearing that shirt and of course it was white.  Joys!
 
 
 
At first Rudy wasn't sure what to think of her. He would look at me and give me loud sighs of disgust or annoyance when I held her.  I think he's getting used to her now though.  He wil usually try and find his way by her by scooting closer and closer to her until I til him not to.


If her hands aren't right next to her face in an L shape, they are straight out to the sides of her ears.

Her alert times of day are usually between 8am-11am and then again at night right before bed.

I just love how teeny tiny she is!
I can't get enough of her!

She is pretty random as to if she likes to be burrito-ed or not.  I will still usually try to swaddle her, sometimes she handles it but most the time she kicks herself out.
 
Speaking of kicking out, these are newborn jammies.  She is just like her mama.  If she isn't comfortable she will make herself comfortable.  These newborn ones are now to small for her but other newborn ones still fit fine. 0-3 month jammies are so huge on her, her legs barely make it to the leg holes.

She enjoys her swing but if she realizes that both mom and dad are home and someone isn't holding her, she fusses to get what she wants.
 
 
Here is miss k at one month old :)

 


 

2 {show some love}:

Jenny said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these updates!!! She is so beautiful!!! I am glad you post all the pictures. I need to see her since you live so far away!

Jenny said...

PS LOVED the videos. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Post a Comment