Monday, August 18, 2014

[.it's all the little moments that make life a very big adventure.]

Here was a post that I had started when we first bought our house, I might as well finish it! :)

Right after I had finished painting Kailee's room and hanging up all the decorations, we received a call from our landlord telling us that he was going to sell the house and we needed to be out within two months.


Well we didn't want to rent again and we didn't want to hurry into buying a first home.  Lance and I talked about it and decided that we should move in with his parents until we found a house that we wanted.  Lucky for us his parents agreed and long story short, they put up with us and our crap for a good 9 months.  We moved in with his parents at the end of June 2013.


I am pretty sure we ended up looking at well over 30 different homes on our search for our first house.  We also ended up making offers on 5 different homes!  Thank goodness none of the other offers worked out!  We were either the third in line on an offer or the house was refurbished or the owners were wanting to back out not knowing if they'd have another job.. whatever it was there was a reason we weren't supposed to be in one of the first 4 homes.  Regardless, I am beyond grateful that we were able to get into our current home.  I am grateful that Lance and I had the patience we did of waiting for 9 months.  We ended up with a home that we love!
We moved into our home the end of March 2014.


Before we moved in we went and did some deep cleaning. Kailee had only been walking a couple months and she was all over the place but I knew she was going to love her new home.


0 {show some love}:

Post a Comment